Our social media rules & etiquette
Connect with our Facebook group
For those businesses that support the values of Sole Perspective Pty Ltd (T/as Living Illumination and want to be connected on Facebook, you are welcome to join and enjoy free access to our Living Illumination Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/livingillumination/) where you are allowed to post as directed on that site from time to time. These rules are subject to change as platforms and awareness evolves, so check in from time to time to see the latest version.
Social Media Rules and Etiquette:
- BE AN INFORMED AND INVOLVED CONTRIBUTOR: The group has been created for Living Illumination to help, share and collaborate and discuss experiences in courses and events in a friendly, positive and supportive environment. This group is for people who are active and committed to empower and encourage each other. We want your contribution – check in regularly and be an active voice in the community. Understand the values of Living Illumination and post in alignment to those.
- BE GUIDED: Be guided and follow the outlines of what to post from Living Illumination. Just remember in Living Illumination there is no hard sell and all promotional posts will be deleted. Serial offenders will be removed from the group.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Show proper consideration for another person’s experience, background and journey. Everyone is at different stages. Help and offer support where you have experience and do your best to add value by providing worthwhile information and perspective from experience, rather than mere opinion or argument.
- ADD VALUE: Read the content of the post and make a comment – that adds value and builds community. If someone replies to your post, say thanks or start a conversation. Social media, like the name suggests, is a social activity and no one likes to be ignored.
- BE RESPECTFUL: Don’t use ethnic references, personal insults or obscenity and show proper consideration for others' privacy, intellectual property, proprietary information and copyright. Remember you are represented by what you publish, it will inevitably reflect on you.
- BE CAREFUL: Don’t share confidential or other proprietary information. If there's any question in your mind, err on the side of keeping silent.
- BE TRANSPARENT: Write in the first person and avoid using "we", "us", "our". Make it clear you speak for yourself. Take personal responsibility for the content that you publish on any public forum.
- BE MINDFUL: Whatever you publish will be public for a long time, possibly for your entire life. Make certain that your online profiles and related content are consistent with how you wish to present yourself to colleagues.
- GIVE CREDIT: When you quote somebody, link back to the source if possible. (e.g. via the ‘share’ option on Facebook) and comment on the post for what you got out of it.
- BE RELEVANT: Ensure posts are related to the values of Living Illumination. Some things are meant to be kept private and let’s keep it that way.
- BE IN BUSINESS: There is only once chance to make a first impression and we get new people joining regularly. Nothing undermines your credibility more than grammatical errors, and although nobody’s perfect, everybody can use Google and a spell check.
- HAVE FUN: Last but not least, social media is supposed to be fun. Leave whining, crying and complaining elsewhere and instead meet new people, share interesting stuff, broaden your horizons and enjoy it to the fullest!
Your Disclosures on the Living Illumination Facebook Page, Blogs And Other Social Media: